The Hickory Stump Short Story Contest is now open to submissions.
People residing in India are entitled to a 70% discount from the €17 price, or €5 total reading fee payable.
Submit your short story of up to 4000 words for professional appraisal, prize money, publication and one-on-one videoconferencing with the jury about your work. We seek all genres and welcome new writers, as well.
Deadline: June 30th 2018.
- 1000 US dollars
- Cash prize – no substitutes
- Payable online though PayPal – or a similar service upon request
- One hour’s Skype conference with each of the jurists
- Get tips and coaching tailored to your work
- Publication in The Hickory Stump
- Promotional video interview to be published online
- Promote yourself and your other work
- Facebook ad support for your story and interview
- We will be online, getting behind you, pushing your work as a way to push the magazine
- Your own donations button at the bottom of your story and interview
- Let readers decide how much extra to pay
- 20 US dollar reading fee
- No other charges apply
- No other purchases necessary
- Limit 4000 words
- If the deadline for the contest has passed, sign up to the newsletter for alerts. We will run the contest again next year.
- Please read the Contest Rules.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your story by email.
- The announcement date of the results is July 20th, 2108. Results will be announced on the website.