The Hickory Stump Short Story Contest is now open to submissions.
Submit your short story of up to 4000 words for professional appraisal, prize money, publication and one-on-one videoconferencing with the jury about your work. We seek all genres and welcome new writers, as well.
Deadline: June 30th 2018 23:59:59 EST.
- 1000 US dollars
- One hour’s Skype conference with each of the jurists
- Publication in The Hickory Stump. Afterward, you may publish again – in another magazine or anthology, for example.
- Owing to time constraints, only 150 stories can be accepted.
- 20 US dollar reading fee
- Limit 4000 words
- If the deadline for the contest has passed, sign up to the newsletter for alerts. We run several different contests per year.
- Please read the Contest Rules.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your story by email.
- The announcement date of the results is July 20th, 2108. Results will be announced on the website and via email to all participants.